Desert Escapes of California & Arizona end Phoenix (Summer 2020)
Desert Escapes Of California & Arizona – End Phoenix, Summer 2020
A holiday for the adventurous, delve into the USA’s desert lands with your travel companions, as you journey from the Golden State to Arizona. Along the way taste and create your own Southwestern flavours, learn about the lives and homes of Hollywood greats and take in the wild terrains and untamed beauty of its national parks. You’ll be joined by your expert Travel Director who will be on hand to guide you throughout your trip.
- Palm Springs: Experience Palm Springs Village Fest, a street fair featuring arts, crafts, food and entertainment, based on Palm Canyon Drive.
- Scottsdale: Get to know the authentic flavours of this region as you head to a cooking demonstration and hands on experience. You’ll learn to cook classic Southwestern and Mexican staples such as enchiladas, spicy meat dishes and Spanish rice. Once you’ve learnt from the expert, you’ll indulge in your tasty masterpiece.
- Tucson: Tucson is known for its farmer’s markets, annual food festivals and fairs that specialise in southwestern cuisine. Meet a Local Expert who will guide you through the city on a Foodie Tour, which will be included as your lunch.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Palm Springs: A history and architectural expert will take you on a mid-century architecture tour. Learn about those who have shaped the landscape of Palm Springs.
- Tucson: Meet with friendly astronomers who will bring a mobile observatory equipped with large telescopes to your resort. You’ll be presented with an exclusive tour of the universe – an extraordinary experience that will leave lasting memories.
Stay in Style
- Palm Springs: The newest hotel in Palm Springs is the heart of downtown. Discover vintage boutiques, fine dining destinations, and the mid-Century modern landmarks of the Uptown Design District, all walking distance from your hotel, which is conveniently situated upstairs from luxury retailers and Exhale Spa.
- Scottsdale: Experience Hotel Valley Ho, a mid-century modern oasis in the heart of Downtown Scottsdale with plenty of amenities and nearby attractions.
- Tuscon: A magnificent view of the Catalina Mountains and indigenous saguaro cactus greets you from the moment you arrive at this luxury resort in Tucson. With the distinct Sonoran Desert smell filling the air around you, you get a sense that Loews Ventana Canyon is a luxury hotel unlike any other. Here, you’ll find amenities and services that make you feel like you’ve just checked into paradise. During your stay, we encourage you to enjoy the sunshine, the miles of hiking trails, the 80-foot waterfall, and all of our other relaxing, indulgent offerings. Find your perfect balance at the Lakeside Spa & Fitness Center, where we invite you to escape everyday distractions and discover a haven for rejuvenation, restoration and indulgence.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scottsdale: Stop at the Heard Museum for a guided tour. The museum is dedicated to the advancement of American Indian art.
- Tombstone: Visit Tombstone, a historic city founded in 1879 by prospector Ed Schieffelin and best known as the site of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. It became one of the last boomtowns in the American frontier.
- Tucson: Tucson, Arizona is home to the giant saguaro, a symbol of the American west. Found only in a small portion of the USA, Saguaro National Park protects these amazing plants, to the east and west of the modern city of Tucson. Here you’ll have the chance to see enormous cacti in a magnificent desert.
- Palm Springs: Ride the Palm Springs Aerial Tram and visit Mt. Jacinto State Park.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Palm Springs.
Out and about in Palm Springs.
Exploring Joshua Tree National Park.
Palm Springs and Scottsdale.
Flavour of Arizona.