Eclectic Aegean With 7-Night Cruise
Explore the ancient city of Athens-home to the iconic Acropolis, Parthenon, Temples of Athena and Zeus, and the Theseum where Socrates taught. Begin your escorted tour of Greece with these sights and more with two nights in the capital city where classical mythology, civilized history, and the Olympics were born. This Greek vacation includes a 7-night cruise to visit some of the gems of the Aegean sea.Transfer from Athens to Piraeus to embark on your ship. Sail to Istanbul, Turkey, and board a private tender boat for an excursion through the Bosphorus Strait between Europe and Asia. Stroll the Spice Market in Istanbul. An overnight docking means more time to explore this fascinating city with a second day of exploring before sailing for Canakkale in north-western Turkey-the area that includes historic Troy and Gallipoli. Cruise across the Aegean to the Greek port of Volos-where, according to mythology-Jason and his Argonauts were trained by the centaur Chiron. Cruise to the island of Crete, and visit the ancient sites in Heraklion and Knossos-the center of 3000-BC Minoan civilization and fascinating Greek myths. Your ship sails on to the “Black Pearl of the Aegean”-Santorini. Join in an excursion to the clifftops perched on the volcanic caldera. Continue to the vibrant island of Mykonos. Explore its narrow streets lined with white- washed buildings and see its symbolic windmills. Time to shop and soak up the sun (or shade) in classic Greek style. Return to Athens to conclude your cruise. This spectacular Mediterranean cruise with a stay in Athens are the stuff of legends!
ATHENS Welcome drink; guided sightseeing, visit the AcropolisCRUISING Seven-night cruise with ports of call at Istanbul (Turkey), Canakkale, Volos (Greece), Heraklion (Crete), Santorini (weather permitting), MykonosCRUISE DETAILS:
- Rotation of ports of call may vary for congestion reasons at certain ports with or without prior notice.
- Cabin categories: Inside cabin (category IB) Outside cabin (category XB)
- All cabins with two lower beds and private shower and toilet.
- Full entertainment program on board.
- Included drink package: selection of non-alcoholic & alcoholic drinks.
- Globus Host service throughout the cruise.
- Please ask your Travel Consultant for cruise ship details. At time of printing, the ship scheduled to depart for the cruise portion of your vacation is the Celestyal Crystal, operated by Celestyal Cruises. Certain departures may be operated by other Celestyal Cruises ships of similar standard.
Athens – Piraeus (Embarkation)
Santorini, Greece – Mykonos
Piraeus (Disembarkation) – Athens